Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Just Want A Good Sandwich (Non-Vietnamese Edition)


Want a Good Sandwich?
(The BBQ at Jim's Fallbrook Market every Fri, Sat, & Sun!)

Option 1: Jim's Market at 5947 Fallbrook Ave Woodland Hills, CA 91367.

Yum, yum, & yum. I've been driving past this place for years and have never gotten a chance to try any of their BBQ becauese I'm usually heading out for lunch each time I pass by their BBQ galore. Every weekend there's always a long line in a parking lot of people waiting to get their hands on this awesome meat. Finally, today I could no longer stand it. I've heard whisperings of this market's awesome Tri Tip Sandwich. I present to you their signature dish...
I took it to go since this place is literally 5 minutes away from my house. So good!!! I will definitely be coming here again. The tri tip melts in your mouth. Take loads of BBQ sauce to dip your tri tip in!
Their baby back ribs, on the other hand failed to impress. They were a tad dry and didn't have the meat that falls from the bone like I'd expect from a BBQ place. The lady in front of us actually ordered a few items and then found out that her bill was over $70. This place isn't cheap. The total from the sandwich and the ribs was over $20.
They also had different sauces for everything. They had a spicy and non-spicy BBQ sauce. They also had chicken and tacos there too, but I'd definitely just stick with the Tri Tip Sandwich! It's delicious!

Option 2: The Hat (Locations all over)
This Address: 1308 E Los Angeles Ave Simi Valley, CA 93065
Would you like to die happy? Well you'll at least get a few clogged arteries from a visit to The Hat. Death is extremely likely though as well. Pastrami Sandwich is so good but for me it's way too salty. If you take it home, I would suggest maybe taking some of the pastrami out and making another sandwich with it or else it's just way too salty. Really good though. Just be prepared to drink a lot to flush all that saltiness out of your system.
If you want to gamble with your life, try their Chili Cheese Fries.

Happy Eatings! P.S. I'm in the process of trying to try Filipino BBQ, which is supposedly the best BBQ you can get Unfortunately, this place doesn't have a restaurant and only caters to big parties. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment