Monday, May 9, 2011

I Can Die Happy

If you're a frequent reader of my blog, then you know how much I love Sasabune. Sure, your bill may make you cry, but it's amazing. Your experience is all based on trust and they have all of mine! I don't want to rewrite things I've said about them in the past so I'll just say a little bit here and there.

Just look at their amazing handmade wasabi. Ahh, I love it so much I get extra platefuls because I eat wasabi down at Sasabune. Their wasabi has a lemon tang to it. It's amazing, yes, yes, yes! 
Ponzu sauce. What can you truly do to make ponzu sauce different and amazing? I don't know but I will drink this stuff. As usual you have a choice of American or Japanese omakase aka chef's choice. The Japanese is slightly more expensive because their ingredients are considered more exotic. Our bill came out to about $225 after using a coupon from restaurant.com. It's totally worth it though!


Baby blue fin tuna, regular tuna, blue crab, scallop, yellowtail, scallop, eel, sweet shrimp, spanish mackerel, regular mackerel, baked mussel, raw oyster, salmon roe, sea urchin, and more! Seriously how can you go wrong? I've said it before and I will repeat it again. This is my favorite Japanese place in L.A.! Yes, take that!

This marks my 3rd visit to Sasabune and I'm definitely planning another one soon before leaving to Hong Kong for the summer. To read all about this place's awesomeness click here. 

Happy Eatings! If Sasabune ever needs a spokesperson please let me know. I'd do it for free! *drool* Where else can I physically drink and gulp down wasabi because it's so good?

3 comments:

  1. OMG. I am drooling over those photos. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's your bday dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was!! Seriously save up some money and go here Karen!

    ReplyDelete